UCC is unrivalled in the quality of its academic programmes. Its courses are internationally recognised and some approximately 21,000 students take its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. International students are part of a dynamic, multi-cultural community of scholars, academics and professionals. UCC enjoys a global reputation which draws 3,000 students from over 100 countries across the world. The university offers a research-led curriculum that attracts the highest calibre of Irish and international students. The university offers 120 degree and professional programmes based in it’s four Colleges: • Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences • Business and Law • Medicine and Health • Science, Engineering and Food Science.
Situated in Cork, Ireland’s second city, UCC is the comprehensive globally-orientated research led university of the south of Ireland, providing a full range of internationally recognised programmes across all disciplines. UCC researchers work at the leading edge of high-impact academic scholarship, innovation, commercialisation, and industry collaboration. UCC is one of Ireland’s leading research institutions and its research income, collaboration rate with national and international industry is consistently very high. The university hosts several renowned research centres including the Tyndall National Institute, APC Microbiome Ireland, Environmental Research Institute, Boole Centre for Research in Informatics and Analytical and Biological Chemistry Research Facility, to name a few.
At UCC there is an emphasis on academic rigour, practical application and participation with many courses including work placements and industry input. It’s why we have graduate employment rates of 94% + it’s how UCC helps create graduates that are both work ready and world ready.
Our vibrant and modern campus is located in picturesque Cork, where students can combine heritage and a contemporary lifestyle. It offers students all the advantages of a bustling, vibrant and cosmopolitan city. Cork is permeated with parks, galleries, shops, restaurants, theatres and historical buildings so students are never short of recreational options. The city and university work well together in providing students with a rich academic and extra-curricular experience. It’s the perfect environment to succeed and excel.
- An extensive range of highly ranked undergraduate and postgraduate courses to choose from
- Excellent student services and peer to peer support throughout your time at UCC to ensure your success
- A truly international student and alumni community that you will be part of for life, with over 130,000 alumni worldwide
- Career guidance and support with an exceptionally high number of graduates securing employment within three months of graduation
- A well rounded student experience with first class facilities and services
- A highly respected university in the top 2% of universities in the world
- A vibrant student experience, with over 100 sporting clubs and societies to choose from
- A beautiful campus that is recognised by Tripadvisor’s site, Flipkey, as one of the top-40 ‘must-see’ universities in the world
- An extensive range of modern, purpose built campus accommodation for international students
Our performance across various global rankings and accreditations is testament to the quality of our degrees and calibre or our teaching, research and student experience:
- In 2019 UCC maintained its position in the top 50 universities in Europe for learning and teaching as measured by Times Higher Education
UCC has taken a lead role globally in relation to sustainability. This is evidenced by the following:
- In 2019 UCC ranked number 21 in the world for ‘Impact’ as measured by Times Higher Education including being 1st in the world for responsible production and consumption
- UCC maintained its 9th place globally for sustainability as measured by the UI Green Metric Global university ranking