According to Ghanaontheglobe.com reports, outspoken Ghanaian actress and presenter, Xandy Kamel has stated that there aren’t many celebrities in Ghana as some fanatics and media people are claiming.
Xandy claimed that the title celebrity is highly abused in Ghana mean while we have few people who can boast of that.
According to her Popular Ghanaian rapper Sarkodie can never be considered as a celebrity because he knows how to rap, Xandy claimed that host of ‘United Showbiz’ show on UTV can be classified as a celebrity because he has a bigger brand than Sarkodie.
- Video: “My 2016 Presidential Election Defeat Was Caused By Spiritual And Physical Factors” – John Mahama
- Fishermen at Sakumono beach catches thousands of plastics instead of fishes
A recent interview that Ghanaontheglobe.com cited between Xandy Kamel and Zion Felix saw the presenter classify few Ghanaian personalities likes John Mahama, Kofi Annan, Kuffour, Akuffo-Addo, Nana Ama Mcbrown as the few people who can be classified as celebrities in Ghana.
She claimed that there is a difference between a public figure and a celebrity. She added that Nana Ama McBrown can be described as a celebrity because she has a big brand and she is influential.
- Smart Lady Scammed By Agradaa Reveals How She Dated Her Husband And Took An Expensive Car From Him
- “Sarkodie should be doing clean versions of his songs at this point in his career” – Popular DJ
- Video: “They Are Abusing Us In Saudi, Please Save Us” – Stranded Ghanaian Women Begs Akufo-Addo
In a rather controversial statement, she claimed Sarkodie cannot be described as a celebrity just because he is rapping.