The Ghana Police Service has released full statement over the arrest of Founder and leader of Glorious Word Power Ministries International, Reverend Owusu Bempah.
Owusu Bempah and three other were arrested on Sunday night, 13th September, 2021. The release was signed by Assistant Commissioner Of Police, Kwesi Ofori. Below is the full Press Release,
1. The Head Pastor of the Glorious Word Power Ministries International, Reverend
Isaac Owusu Bempah and three others have been arrested.
2. The other three suspects are Michael Boateng, Frederick Ohene and Nathaniel
Agyekum. Two other suspects are on the run and the Police are pursuing them.
3. The suspects are being detained for further investigations over the creation and
circulation of multiple videos containing threats, the brandishing of a weapon and
the assault of some Police personnel.
4. After critically analysing the said videos and based on intelligence gathered, the
Police embarked on an operation today Sunday, September 12, 2021, at the
premises of the church to arrest the suspects.
- Young Lady Dies After Been Mistakenly Shot By Police
- Owusu Bempah arrested for illegally storming Agradaa’s house with guns
- Kintampo: Policeman arrested for stealing motorbike
- Mahama’s “do or die” statement undemocratic and a communication failure for him – Prof. Gyampo
5. During the operation, some members of the church, believed to have been under
the direction of Reverend Bempah assaulted some Police Officers.
6. The injured personnel have received medical treatment and are responding to
7. The suspects are currently in custody and will appear before court tomorrow
Monday, September 13, 2021.
8. The Police strongly cautions the public against any acts that will disturb the peace of the country.
9. We wish to give the assurance that impartial investigations shall continue in this matter and the public will be duly updated.